2021 JOINT MEETING OF
THE ASIAN NETWORK FOR THE PHILOSOPHY OF THE SOCIAL SCIENCES
THE EUROPEAN NETWORK FOR THE PHILOSOPHY OF THE SOCIAL SCIENCES
THE PHILOSOPHY OF SOCIAL SCIENCE ROUNDTABLE
ANPOSS/ENPOSS/POSS-RT 2021 Joint Conference March 4-7, 2021 Hitotsubashi University, Tokyo, Japan
The Asian Network for the Philosophy of the Social Sciences (ANPOSS), the European Network for the Philosophy of the Social Sciences (ENPOSS), and the Philosophy of Social Science Roundtable (POSS-RT) are pleased to announce their first joint conference that will be held between March 4-7, 2021. The conference will be held on-line due to the ongoing covid-19 situation. This joint meeting will be hosted by Reiko Gotoh at Hitotsubashi University in Tokyo.
The call for papers is closed. See the conference program here.
- Anna Carabelli (Università degli Studi del Piemonte Orientale)
- Ian Jarvie (York University)
- Keiichi Noe (Tohoku University)
- Henry Richardson (Georgetown University)
- John Weymark (Vanderbilt University)
Registration is now open until Sunday, February 28.
Registration is required for participants who do not present a paper at the conference. There is no registration fee. Please register from the following link:
- For more information about the conference please visit the ANPOSS website https://anposs.com/ OR http://www.ier.hit-u.ac.jp/rcne/English/index.html.
Format of the online conference is currently under consideration.
- For informal inquiries, please contact the local organizers at anposs2021tokyo (at-mark) ier.hit-u.ac.jp
- Selected papers from the Conference will be published in an annual special issue of the Journal Philosophy of the Social Sciences
- Reiko GOTOH (Hitotsubashi University): Chair
- Kei YOSHIDA (Waseda University)
ANPOSS steering committee
Chor-yung Cheung, City University of Hong Kong Francesco Di Iorio, Nankai University Paul Dumouchel, Ritsumeikan University Reiko Gotoh, Hitotsubashi University Mark Tamthai, Payap University Kei Yoshida, Waseda University
ENPOSS steering committee
Alban Bouvier, Ecole Normale Supérieure Byron Kaldis, National Techinical University of Athens Eleonora Montuschi, University of Venice Ca' Foscari Julie Zahle, University of Bergen Jesús Zamora-Bonilla, UNED
POSS-RT steering committee
David Henderson, University of Nebraska, Lincoln Kareem Khalifa, Middlebury College Mark Risjord, Emory University Paul Roth, University of California, Santa Cruz Deborah Tollefsen, University of Memphis Stephen Turner, University of South Florida
- “Towards a Global Standard of Dignity as a Philosophical Concept: Theoretical Approaches, Conceptual Histories, and Cross-Cultural Comparisons” Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (S)
- “Construction of <Theory of Capability Justice> Based on Trans-Disciplinary Perspective” Grant-in-Aid for Challenging Research (Exploratory)